Umbilical cord blood is normally discarded after birth. However, when compared to bone marrow which is a source of blood cells and immune system,
umbilical cord blood is a richer source of Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC).
Advantages of newborns umbilical cord blood banking are that it requires only 5 minutes for collection process and does not cause any injuries or harm to newborns and mothers. In addition, it can be used for that individual who is not necessary to take HLA-Matching and there is high possibility to use stem cell with family members or blood relatives.
2. Stem cell banking service derived from postnatal organ
Stem Cell for Life Company Limited (SCL) has stem cell banking service deviced from posnatal organ is to be placenta including placenta tissue, umbilical cord and amnion is available source of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) that has a lot of benefit. The collection process does not cause any harm to newborns and mothers.
1. Bone marrow banking service
Adults bone marrow is available source of Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) and Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC). Nowadays, a collection process of stem cells derived from bone marrow is not complicated and the entire procedure requires only 30 minutes. The collection process takes place in the hospital under the supervision of specialized doctors. Patients can go home after the collection process is done.
2. Adipose tissue stem cell banking service
It is evident from the studies that adipose tissue contains numerous Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) derived from adipose cells. Its quality is similar to stem cells derived from bone marrow. Using stem cells is currently popular among beauty surgery such as nose surgery and wrinkles removals which yields better results than using only adipose.
This is due to the fact that stem cells stimulate cell regeneration and they are not foreign invaders. Therefore, it is safer than using collagen or hyaluronic acid.
Products & Services
1. Umbilical cord blood banking service Umbilical cord blood is available source of Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs). In medical treatment, Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) is used for blood diseases and immune disorders. Stem Cell for Life Company Limited provides specialized doctors and nurses to collect umbilical cord blood taking only 5 minutes! Newborns and mothers do not have any injuries or harm. After that, umbilical cord blood is stored in temperature-controlled box with a microchip to record temperature. The box is transferred to laboratory at Stem Cell for Life Company Limited within 24 hours. Then umbilical cord blood is blended to separate stem cell and is stored in liquid nitrogen tanks at -196 °C controlled by computer system to maintain high quality of HSC.
2. Stem cell banking services derived from postnatal organ Stem Cell for Life Company Limited (SCL) has stem cell banking service deviced from posnatal organ is to be placenta including placenta tissue, umbilical cord and amnion is available source of Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC). MSCs differentiate into cell elements to replace degenerative or dead cells such as myocytes, osteocytes, cardiomyocytes and tissues. MSCs can be used in medical treatment for cell disorders in the future.
3. Bone marrow banking service In case of stem cell banking required without pregnancy, we have an alternative channel for you via bone marrow banking service. Adults bone marrow is available source of Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) and Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC). In the collecting process performed by specialized doctors.
4. Adipose tissue stem cell banking service Moreover, we have adipose tissue banking service which are available source of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC). This type of MSC is usually applied in beauty that is safety because it is not foreign matter.
After collected, adipose tissue is immediately transferred to laboratory at Stem Cell for Life Company Limited by skilled nurses to culture as stem cells within 24 hours. After culturing adipose tissue, stem cell test is undertaken according to the standard of International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT). Stem cells should have spindle shapes and express certain cell surface marker such as CD 73, CD 90 and CD 105. Besides, collected stem cells are tested to identify differentiation capabilities into other cell types.
Figures of stem cells through microscope which has been cultured for 1 week and 1 month respectively.
1. GMP or Good Manufacturing Practice GMP is a good manufacturing practice standard of food or pharmaceutical production set by CODEX. The aim of this standard is to be guidelines for members to maintain safety for customers.
GMP is criteria or basic regulations necessary for production and control manufacturers should follow to keep their manufacturing safe.
It covers 6 main areas as follows.
Hygiene of location and factory
Tools, machines and manufacturing equipment
Maintenance and cleaning
2. Clean Room Class 100 Clean Room Class 100 is a room sized 0.3 microns or not more than 100 particles per m3 of air. This can ensure that the entire process is operated under clean and sterile environment and standard of sound which is as same as the standard of pharmaceutical manufacturing (GMP).
Particular Features of Clean Room
Appropriate temperature set at 22.2 oC +/- 0.25 oC.
Appropriate relative humidity set at 50+/- 10 %.
Pressure in clean room is positive pressure. The room has entrance and exit with air shower to release air out to protect contamination from particles. Different clean rooms have different pressures at a minimum of 0.05 IN.W.G or 12.5 Pascal (Pa).
Light is at 1,080 1,620 Lux if no special needs required.
Sound level is based on sound specification.
3. Standards of stem cell culture of Stem Cell for Life Company Limited
1. AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) AABB standard is a standard set by American Association of Blood Bank for storing HSC such as umbilical cord blood.
2. FACT-JACIE (International Standards for Cellular Therapy Product Collection, Processing, and Administration) FACT-JACIE standard is an international standard which monitors procedures of stem cell banking on the purpose of medical treatment.
3. ISBT 128 Standard Technical Specification ISBT 128 Standard Technical Specification is an international standard of tissue transplantation, cell therapy and blood transplantation which ensures safety for recipients.
4. ISCT (International Society for Cellular Therapy) ISCT is a standard of stem cell culture for future uses.